Scott practices in the fields of real estate, class action, tort litigation, public agency law, eminent domain, appellate, public contracts, and construction claims.
Scott has over 30 years of litigation and trial experience covering a wide range of complex matters in federal, state and appellate courts in California and Hawaii. Scott has achieved the highest available rating for his litigation skills from the nationally recognized peer review organization, Martindale-Hubbell.
As a senior litigator, Scott has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict in quiet title and boundary disputes, government tort liability, eminent domain, inverse condemnation, construction and premises liability actions. Scott advises private, public and non-profit organizations throughout California.
Scott’s real estate practice includes representing clients in property acquisition and development projects, public contracting, construction law claims, broker liability, due diligence investigations, HOA matters, lease negotiations and commercial transactions. Scott is also active in class action litigation, appellate matters, insurance defense, products liability, employment practices, wrongful termination, and wage/hour claims.
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Hawaii State Bar Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, San Diego Defense Lawyers
- Member, International Right of Way Association
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- School Board Member 2006-2016, Board President 2012-2016, Stella Maris Academy, La Jolla
- Board of Directors, Rest Haven Children’s Health Fund, San Diego
- Selected “Top Lawyer” for Civil Litigation (San Diego Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020)