Sam is co-founder of Dean Gazzo Roistacher LLP. He is first and foremost a trial lawyer with nearly 25 years of experience in State and Federal Courts practicing all phases of litigation across a broad range of specialty areas including catastrophic personal injury, premises liability, development and construction, real estate, employment, professional malpractice, civil rights, complex commercial and supply chain claims, products liability, wine import and distribution, insurance bad faith, intellectual property, trade secrets and unfair competition, and, director disputes.
As a member of the United States Marine Corps Reserve, Sam deployed as an Intelligence Officer for multiple consecutive combat deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. He successfully served in positions of increasing direct leadership up to the battalion/squadron level, and principal staff positions up to the major command and joint levels. As a Marine Colonel, and certified Inspector General, he currently serves as the command inspector for a major Reserve element.
Sam is a problem solver. Leveraging his extensive litigation background and enterprise-level leadership experience, Sam is highly adept at solving the most difficult legal challenges. Sam is sought as outside General Counsel to provide advice regarding strategic business development, risk mitigation, litigation supervision and cost management, compliance matters, internal polices and best practices. Sam is also specially retained as monitoring counsel for excess loss claims and to lead high profile investigations for both corporate and public entities.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating (Martindale Hubbell)
- Selected to Super Lawyers® for Civil Litigation (Thompson Reuters)
- Selected “Top Lawyer” for Civil Litigation (San Diego Magazine)
- Selected “Top Rated Lawyer” (American Attorney Magazine)
- AVVO© 10.0 “Superb” Rating
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Former Chair, San Diego County Bar Association Military Law Section
- Member, San Diego Military Advisory Council
- Member, Veterans Bar Association
- Certified Inspector General by Association of Inspectors General